Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Oh, baby baby

Twofer post, coming at ya.

  Untitled
I finished up these two baby quilts and got them in the mail this weekend. First up,

  les amis baby quilt
 This simple patchwork + stars layout was very much inspired by the Reverse Hopscotch quilt by V and Co. Marla suggested the "shooting" star at the top, which gives it an extra dose of awesome.

  Untitled
 The Les Amis fabric is really adorable.

  Untitled
 I was really excited to find a great backing fabric, thanks to Elizabeth, during our Stash Bash shopping field trip. It's a print from Silent Cinema. The binding is Moda Bella Bubble Gum Pink.


  granny squares

 Some bee members helped me make these granny square blocks, and I sewed them into a little quilt for a friend.

  Untitled

 I hope these arrive at their new homes soon!

14 comments:

Deborah said...

Adorable quilts in beautiful colors!

Toni said...

These are so great, Katie! That backing really is perfect for the Les Amis quilt. And I love the brightness of the granny square one. Excellent finishes!

Angela Nash said...

I've been stalking your star quilt. It is so wonderful!!

Heather D. said...

Both very sweet. I wish I had more babies to make quilts for!

Julianne said...

They are both so bright and happy..nice job!

Marla said...

Put it in the done pile.

Elizabeth Dackson said...

They're both so pretty! So cool that I got to see them in person too :) Hope you're having a good week!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Both turned out cute! Yea! More finishes!

Ella said...

I love both of these, but the orange one totally makes my heart sing! and foxes!

Anonymous said...

They turned out great! I really love the les amis.

Leah said...

I really love the binding and the backing on the second one.

booboomac said...

Very nice!

Marci Girl said...

Oh wow, both of these turned out so fabulous! I love the quilting on them!

Jen said...

Pretty colors! LOVE the back on this one.